Monday, July 8, 2013

Not Our Best Today...


Had a bit of a fall last night.... it was the impact , not the fall that is the problem....
was having one of our coughing spasms and trying to get to the bathroom to spit... These "Spasms" play havoc with our sense of balance so I grabbed the door for support ...    well the door swung towards the bathroom.... as I slammed my shin into the toilet  this flipped me over it and  all of my weight hit the edge of the tub with the side of my hip ...( walking is a lot of trouble today) and slammed the base of my skull into the molding around the tub... Now a large bruise on hip a wound on my shin and a bit of head trauma ... I held on to my reading glasses during the fall... but they got bent anyway....
(The worse part was that I had to lay in the floor for a couple of minutes before I could manage to pull myself into a sitting position... and with the pain in my hip ...a few minutes longer the get out of the floor... )
 It could always have been worse... My uncle was killed by a bathroom fall when I was young....
Not even safe just going to the bathroom..... One of these accidents or falls will probably what finally does us in ... so why should I worry over my other health concerns.....

2 comments:

  1. Lol, that's one way to look at it. Our bathrooms kitchens and bedrooms have a good chance to be our demise - much more than a terrorist or a shark for example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is where most fatal accidents occur in the home...

    ReplyDelete